1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 Address Book...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rjones34, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rjones34

rjones34 Thread Starter

Okay, I posted earlier about Word 2002, now I am about Outlook 2002. It's on the same machine which leads me to believe the woman on it is doing something and not telling me, or that her machine is just posessed.

When she opens her address book, which is part of an Exchange environment, she does not see the Names field first. She sees the Business number, then the Email Type, then the Company, then the Name of the person or distribution list.

I've noticed there is no way of moving these fields around. You can resize them, but the three (3) that are in front of the Name field will be reduced to nothing if I do this.

Any suggestions? I'm really about ready to uninstall/reinstall Office.

Thanks.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

While in Contacts select view - current view - Customize View - Fields.

IF that is allowed in an Exchange environment.

3. rjones34

rjones34 Thread Starter

It's not in the 'Contacts' option that we are having the problem. Sorry for the vagueness earlier, I should have said this.

The problem lies whenever she goes to write a new email document, then selects the 'To:' button which then brings up the address book. By default we have it go to a company global address list. This is the list that is not displaying correctly.

All other contact lists, such as personal ones are showing as they should.

4. rjones34

rjones34 Thread Starter

We resolved the situation...I was looking at the incorrect Header and they all were pulled to one side. I spaced them all out and things are the way they should be.

5. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

I doubt if it can be fixed as that is the way the Exchange Admin set it up. She should contact her Help Desk or see if that is the way it is on a co-workers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice