Outlook 2002 Contact List Locks Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WaRe

updated

Problem : MS Outlook 2002 -- contact list locks up

Detail : Every time i click 1 of 4 feilds and enter "any" information and tab off it or click off it, it freezes and locks up. The 4 feilds i am having this problem with are, Business, Business Fax, Home, Mobile.

Things i have tried:

Detect and repair (multiple times)

I would reinstall but would need to back up ALL Emails, folders or any data in outlook itself.

any ideas?
Dennis

It sounds like you need to reinstall it. All of your email, contacts, calendar entries, folders, etc. are all kept in one file called outlook.pst so backing it up isn't that difficult.

As an alternative, you might go into task manager and disable some of the other programs running in the background on your computer to see if they are interfering with Outlook in some ways. Programs like firewalls, antivirus, antispyware, and antispam programs are especially suspect. Shut them down, one at a time, and try Outlook and see if it does any better.

WaRe

I am still having this problem where when i goto enter any of the 4 phone number fields outlook errors out and locks up. I can enter a phone number in any of the 4 fields but when i click off that field it locks up.

I have tried the following:

updating
upgrading to 2007 (just bought it)
detect and repairs
fresh install with 07 office ( i deleted the old microsoft office folder in attempt to filter out any bad files)
Shut down norton, disabled autoprotect and email scanning features
shutdown windows firewall and nortons

Its only with my contact list in the phone number field. Any ideas?

Things I have done to solve this are:

1. Delete the current profile, create a new one, and point to the original PST file as the data file.

2. Create a new profile with a new data file, open and copy what you want from the original.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online