1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 Converts To Plain Text

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Topazz, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topazz

Topazz Thread Starter

I am asking this on behalf of a friend. She says:

I am running Windows XP on a stand alone PC. I have recently bought and installed Office XP Professional.

Until now I have used Outlook Express for all my e-mail. I now would like to use Outlook 2002, but find when I send a message that was composed in HTML, it converts it to plain text. They are still in HTML in the 'Sent Folder' but are always received in Plain Text. I have tested this by sending to myself and to several others, who normally would receive HTML messages from me.

I have checked all the settings...Tools/Options/Mail Format Tab...'Compose in this Message Format'...HTML etc.

I have used Detect and Repair, and have Re-Installed Office. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

This has got me stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions to try?

2. scmazter

scmazter

It kinda happens to me too. Some messages I get in HTML, others i get in text - which were suposed to be in HTML.
    I have a theory that it's because that HTML onces have something like this in front of them
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

And the html onces that show up like text don't.
    Perhaps it's because only programs that make HTML emails can get though as HTML.

Anyone else have any idea's on this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice