Outlook 2002 is responding very slowly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

a0sz3

I have tried re-installing Office XP several times and I have used the detect and repair function but nothing has changed. My Outlook program is working but it responds very slowly. It takes about a minute to open a new message and move around the screen.

I have Windows XP Pro on a fairly new computer and I don't know what's going on. Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

Thanks

This should have been posted in one of the software forums, but there are a couple of things you can try to fix this:
1. empty your temp files folder (not the temporary internet files one)
2. your Outlook email data files (.pst etc.) may be corrupt or simply too large, try backing them up somewhere and starting from scratch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online