1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 is responding very slowly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by a0sz3, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a0sz3

a0sz3 Thread Starter

I have tried re-installing Office XP several times and I have used the detect and repair function but nothing has changed. My Outlook program is working but it responds very slowly. It takes about a minute to open a new message and move around the screen.

I have Windows XP Pro on a fairly new computer and I don't know what's going on. Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

Thanks

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

This should have been posted in one of the software forums, but there are a couple of things you can try to fix this:
    1. empty your temp files folder (not the temporary internet files one)
    2. your Outlook email data files (.pst etc.) may be corrupt or simply too large, try backing them up somewhere and starting from scratch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice