1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 not remembering passwords...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sasquatch, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Thread Starter

I'm running OL 2002 with XP Home on both my desktop and HP laptop. I'm having no problems with OL remembering my passwords on my desktop, but the laptop continually forgets them even though the "Remember my password" box is checked. It will run fine for awhile and then it starts asking for passwords again.

What should I be looking for, or is there a fix I need to download that I haven't found?

Thanks.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Thread Starter

Any ideas?

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

On systems, Outlook or Outlook Express will not remember the e-mail password,
    which would then need to be entered in each time.

To solve the problem:

Open Registry Editor
    Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft
    Right Click Protected Storage System Provider
    Choose the Permissions option
    Click the Advanced box near the bottom right hand corner. This should open another box, Towards the bottom of this box there should be two tick boxes, make sure that both of them are ticked. Click Apply, another box will open Click Yes, then Click OK and OK again.
    Left Click the + next to Protected Storage System Provider and Delete any sub folder in this tree. (Right clicking and choose the delete option or press the delete key and choosing yes to delete)
    Shutdown and Restart Computer.

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#outlook_password

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll give it a shot!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/210919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice