OUTLOOK 2002 - Problems Exporting Data

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wertyu

I am trying to export a contact list from Outlook (version 2002, sp2) into an Excel spreadsheet. The export process is pretty straightforward, but examination of the resulting spreadsheet shows that updates made in Outlook are often not expressed in the export. For one contact, I made a change to his email address some six months ago; yet when I exported this information, it reverted to his previous address. The same problem tends to occur with exporting to other file formats as well, including PST and Access Database (.MDB) files.

It seems like a buffer somewhere isn't getting flushed properly. Microsoft encrypts its PST files so there's not really a way to see what's going on inside. Does anyone know how to deal with this issue? I haven't found anything yet in Microsoft's knowledge base.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts