1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 - reminder service error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by beim4, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beim4

beim4 Thread Starter

Just tried upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002, but now have a few problems. After Outlook opens, we get a message that it "cannot start reminder service. Unable to show reminders." Also, the inbox displays previous email messages, but we cannot open them. It says "can't open this item. The operation failed." Same with deleted items, etc. If I try adding an appointment to the calendar, we get "this item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?"

This installation was done on a Windows 2000 workstation. We use Exchange Service on our server. I have checked the Microsoft knowledge base, but haven't been able to locate any info. regarding these errors.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. beim4

beim4 Thread Starter

I wish! Nope - I tried this. Quitting & restarting Outlook was no help.

4. beim4

beim4 Thread Starter

I'm really thinking it might be a problem with the location of the folders. Looks like it is seeing my old folders, but could they be somewhere other than the expected location? Outlook.exe is now in c:\program files\microsoft office\office10. It used to be in c:\program files\microsoft office\office. That is where word and excel still are. This installation is an upgrade of Outlook only, not the entire office suite. Does that help anyone?

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Look for *.pst files. Make sure you're looking in hidden and system files too...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice