Outlook 2002 - reminder service error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beim4

Just tried upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002, but now have a few problems. After Outlook opens, we get a message that it "cannot start reminder service. Unable to show reminders." Also, the inbox displays previous email messages, but we cannot open them. It says "can't open this item. The operation failed." Same with deleted items, etc. If I try adding an appointment to the calendar, we get "this item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?"

This installation was done on a Windows 2000 workstation. We use Exchange Service on our server. I have checked the Microsoft knowledge base, but haven't been able to locate any info. regarding these errors.

beim4

I wish! Nope - I tried this. Quitting & restarting Outlook was no help.

beim4

I'm really thinking it might be a problem with the location of the folders. Looks like it is seeing my old folders, but could they be somewhere other than the expected location? Outlook.exe is now in c:\program files\microsoft office\office10. It used to be in c:\program files\microsoft office\office. That is where word and excel still are. This installation is an upgrade of Outlook only, not the entire office suite. Does that help anyone?

Anne Troy

Anne
Look for *.pst files. Make sure you're looking in hidden and system files too...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts