Outlook 2002 won't allow me to do anything

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fwernerjr

Office XP-Outlook 2002 will not allow me to download anything off of the server. It goes through the motions but doesn't show any emails downloaded and gives me errors in the Detail block.

I can't delete anything either. It gives me an error about Messaging Interface not working. If problem continues to exist, restart Outlook. I've done this and nothing changed.

I can't move the emails. I get the error Can't Move.

I can't send emails. It doesn't appear in the sent items. I can type it but when I send the email goes away but doesn't register anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
What is the "Error" messages that you are getting?
Include the numbers and full statement.

fwernerjr

When I do the Send/Receive task I get:
Task 'mail.comcast.net-Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C): Unknown error 0x8004060C

When I try to delete items I get:
The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, If the problem persists, Restart Outlook

When I try to move the emails that are in the inbox I get:
Can't move the items

Floyd

fwernerjr

That was exactly what was wrong with it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the 'new' profile I just created.

Also somehow I don't have an address book anymore. There is no .PAD on the computer as I've done a scan. i still have the contact information but no address book.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online