1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RonB21, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RonB21

RonB21 Thread Starter

Every time that I receive an html email and select it, my ISP dialer connects to the internet. I have selected in Internet Options Never Dial A Connection. I have tried disabling the connect while on line but then I can't send and receive.Also, I have try to make it so that when checking email it prompt me before dialing. Any other suggestion would be appreciate.

Thank you.

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Call your ISP's technical support for connectivity isues like this.

Many times demos or other programs like RealPlayer try to connect to the Internet unprompted. You'll need to uninstall such useless intruisive programs plus, virus, trojan or variants do that too.

Get free Zone Alarm personal firewall anti-hacker countermeasure from http://www.zonelabs.com. (not the demo) Don't let anything out to the Internet you don't know what it is.

Update your antivirus, temporarily disable your screen saver and scan with your anti-virus set to scan All Files. Update and scan bi-monthly. Create your anti-virus' Rescue disk(s) and update them after each Windows anti-virus update.

You can scan on-line to double-check your Windows scanner at http://housecall.antivirus.com

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Try this... Go To ... start/settings/control panel/internet options/ click on "Never dial a connection" ..... ( or go to Outlook Express & then to tools/options/connection)...
    but this is what you did already... do you have a LAN connection also?
    But in order to view HTML you will have to be online... unless its something you are building on a notepad or something thats from your own files.

Savvy :)

4. RonB21

RonB21 Thread Starter

Have not been able to reply all, my hard drive fail and it took some time to get a new one.

I have tried the discussed option, thought it keep swithching me back to the LAN connection which I do not have but is list in my configuration.

Thanks,

Ron

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice