outlook 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davecabezo

Hi,
For no apparent reason my Outlook 2002 program, which loads on boot up, has suddenly started to "encounter a problem and needs to close". as soon as I try to either minimise or close. Also if I'm working in outlook at full screen, as soon as I click to another program I get the same message but not in reduced screen. The error message is mso.dll. I've looked all over the MS site and none of the "solutions" work. Can someone help please.

Regards,

Dave

hiya,do you recall any recent updates or downloads around the time when this problem started,please give more info machine make/model specs SP2/3

davecabezo

Hi,
Many thanks for the replies, sorry I didn't elaborate enough.
I am running XP Pro,SP2, I have 2 GB Ram, My computer is a shop build. I have run Register Boot program, Defragged my HDD but none of these has made a difference apart from my computer loads up a little faster. The exact fault message is as follows:-
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2616.0 ModName: mso.dll
ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00015202.
Regards,

Dave

hiya Dave,have you tried restoring your system to an earlier date via the system restore utility,or upgrade to SP3

davecabezo

Hi Huggy,
Thanks for your reply. I don't want to use System restore as I've fine tuned my computer with so many changes, obviously one of those changes have caused my problem but I would rather try to sort the problem individually rather than undo all that I've done. I got my computer to boot up in just under 2 mins where previously it was just over 5 mins.
Again I'm not keen to install SP3 as the last time I tried I was informed that "some of my installed programs may not run after SP3 is installed"

Regards,

Dave

davecabezo

Hi,
I created a new profile but still the same problem. Many thanks anyway.

Regards

dave

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
When you created the new profile, did you Import the information from the original profile?
If so, try creating a new profile, fresh, without bringing anything else into it.

If the new profile was a fresh start, did you configure Outlook to Start using the new profile or to Prompt you for the profile to be used?
Control Panel > Mail icon > Show Profiles

Will Outlook start with the /safe switch?
Start > Run
Key in or paste: outlook.exe /safe

Do you have the original Office-XP install CD ?
If so, launch outlook, go to help then detect/repair, see if this solves your problem, if it doesn't I would uninstall office then reinstall.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook rarely fixes the issue.
Detect and Repair is a good suggestion, though, there is no harm in trying the other options first.

davecabezo

Many Thanks for the replies, Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.
I tried the new profile as a fresh start and was prompted for the profile to use. I also started Outlook in safe mode and it would let me work within Outlook but as soon as it was minimised Outlook froze!!
I have the origional Office disk and tried to reinstall Outlook but still same problem, I also tried detect/repair still the same.
If I uninstall all of my XP Pro office will I lose any data?

Regards,

Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online