Outlook 2003- 2 versions competing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hrc987

I installed Outlook 2003 on my computer using xp. I then had a problem, uninstalled it and reinstalled. Now, when I want to open anything in Outlook, I get a message saying it cannot find "Outlook1.pst", where all the data is stored.

The correct file is "Outlook.pst". I have searched the registry, and files, and cannot find outlook1. I have removed every shred of Office 2003, uninstalled it and reinstalled. It says it cannot open any reinstall, because it cannot fine "Outlook1".

What can I do to get rid of this phantom "outlook1.pst" and reinstall Office???

Or, any workarounds?

Thanks!

Anne Troy

Anne
Have you tried:

--Telling outlook to use outlook.pst instead of outlook1.pst? It's a setting in lesser versions, but I don't know about 2003.

--Copying outlook.pst and renaming it to outlook1.pst?

I had this happen to me when I put the outlook.pst file in the folder before loading Outllook. It automatically created the outlook1 file.
I did an import from one to the other and then deleted the outlook1.pst file.
Be sure to check your "Data File" location for the "Personal Folders". This will tel you the exact pst file it is using.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts