1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003- 2 versions competing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hrc987, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

I installed Outlook 2003 on my computer using xp. I then had a problem, uninstalled it and reinstalled. Now, when I want to open anything in Outlook, I get a message saying it cannot find "Outlook1.pst", where all the data is stored.

The correct file is "Outlook.pst". I have searched the registry, and files, and cannot find outlook1. I have removed every shred of Office 2003, uninstalled it and reinstalled. It says it cannot open any reinstall, because it cannot fine "Outlook1".

What can I do to get rid of this phantom "outlook1.pst" and reinstall Office???

Or, any workarounds?

Thanks!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you tried:

--Telling outlook to use outlook.pst instead of outlook1.pst? It's a setting in lesser versions, but I don't know about 2003.

--Copying outlook.pst and renaming it to outlook1.pst?

3. paweaver

paweaver

I had this happen to me when I put the outlook.pst file in the folder before loading Outllook. It automatically created the outlook1 file.
    I did an import from one to the other and then deleted the outlook1.pst file.
    Be sure to check your "Data File" location for the "Personal Folders". This will tel you the exact pst file it is using.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice