1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 2 views

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by korgul, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

Is it possible to have 2 views open at the same time in Outlook 2003. Here is what I mean,

I have E-mail open, when I want to check my calendar, I need to click on a button, this closes the e-mail window and opens the calendar window. I want to be able to have both the E-mail and calendar windows open at the same time.

Is it possible to do this within outlook or with an addon?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Well...you can open two instances of Outlook. I do it by accident all the time.

You can put shortcuts on your quick-launch toolbar for your inbox and for your calendar. I'm not sure if it'll switch the current instance, or if it'll launch a separate one, but worth testing. :)

Hope it helps, korgul.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hey! I'm so glad you have that link in your sig. Been running that FAD thing for a while now, and couldn't remember how to get to the stats. I'm there!! Woohoo!! (And I thought I wasn't even making a dent...)

4. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

Thanks dreamboat. I thought of the two instances but it is not quite what I am looking for.

Basically I want to have a split screen with one window, the top part showing the inbox and the bottom showing the calendar.

Glad I could help you with the FAD link, nice to have you on the team also. You are upto the 16th spot, keep it going.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I just wanna say...I doubt you'll find that capability unless you find it under Custom Views. I did not install Outlook for 2003, just the other apps, so I cannot look for you.

And...I will! I run it virtually all the time!

Oh...and being a two-time cancer survivor...well, I've got a heck of a motive for running it! Radiation sucks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice