[Outlook 2003/2007]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stoychastic

I have my email options set to HTML, yet i still receive email's in Plain Text. I don't want this because when I reply my signature is automatically inserted at the bottom (yes, that is what i want) but is then converted to plain text (no i dont want this).After I hit reply and switch the format from plain text to HTML my signature is not converted to the new format.

Any help of information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Stoychastic, and welcome to TSG.

I have my email options set to HTML, yet i still receive email's in Plain Text.
That may be because some people are sending their messages as plain text only. They may be doing that because whatever device they are using to compose, send and receive e-mails may only support plain text. Forcing your reply to use HTML will get it converted to plain text with possibly an attachment on their end.

I don't believe that Outlook 2003 has a built-in way to always use HTML for replies but you may be able to do it with a VBA macro. Here is a link to a page with the macro and also reasons why you should not send HTML replies to plain text messages.

http://outlook-tips.net/cs/blogs/outlooktips/archive/2007/08/02/671.aspx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online