Outlook 2003 3-Way Sync Mess

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ken3200

Somehow I ended up with two folders in my Outlook Contacts. I have no idea how long ago the second one was formed, or why I did it, but just imagine the mess I created over at least the past year when I tried to sync my Outlook Contacts with "Card Scan" business card reader and my HTC Incredible phone using DejaOffice and went back and forth among the 3.

One of the folders is named "Contacts" and the other is named "Contacts in Personal Folders." The problem is that I did not realize that they both existed and thus I never knew when I switched (somehow) from one to the other during the above mentioned syncs.

Here is where I am now. I printed out all of the remaining contacts (many have been lost because of the mix and match syncing) from both folders and after examining them, made them equal. The information in "Contacts" is the same as that in Contacts in Personal Folders." Now what I want to do is eliminate one of these and then let the remaining Contact folder override the card scan and DejaOffice programs so all 3 are equal. My questions are:

1. How do I eliminate one of the Contact folders and which one should it be?
2. How do I make sure that the remaining Contact folder is the one I have been backing up each time I shut down Outlook or will the next backup take care of that?

Sometimes I feel pretty good when I resolve a program problem, etc. but right now I feel dumber than a tree stump.

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online