1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 - ability to sending from multiple email addresses

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by king-m, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king-m

king-m Thread Starter

We use Outlook 2003 on an exchange server. We operate a few different companies have multiple email addresses that come into our inbox. Is there a way to choose which email address we can send email from? We have a "main" email address which is our default but we would like to be able to send an email from another address on occasion from the same inbox - is that possible? If so how do we set it up?
    your help is appreciated!

2. gyclone

gyclone

Anytime you send e-mail from Outlook, you can select which one of your linked accounts from which to send the message. by clicking on the "Accounts" button in the Message window. However, the account must first be linked to Outlook for each/any user who will need to send mail from this account. I'm not on an Exchange Server, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think you can link more than one Exchange account to each user (so, since you undoubtedly have your own Exchange e-mail account, you wouldn't be able to add another).

The appropriate workaround kind of depends on how your mail is hosted and how adept your Exchange Administrator is. If your mail comes through an outside webmail account anyway, then take Exchange out of the equation and just add a new account to your Outlook, using the webmail credentials to log directly into your webmail server. If all the mail HAS to go in and out through the Exchange server, then you could create a separate Windows account for each of the e-mail addresses and just log into the appropriate account when you need to send through that account.

I think there may also be some options in Exchange (at the server level) that might allow you to manually assign addresses, based on rules, but it's been a long time since I did any Exchange admin, and I never did all that much to begin with. Hopefully, somebody will jump in here with more definitive answers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice