Outlook 2003 Autocomplete Names go away every time Outlook closes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MaterialGirl07

I had Outlook 2003 autocomplete on this Windows Xp pc for years and grew dependent on it. It was there for me every day regardless of how often I opened and closed Outlook.

My hard drive crashed and Outlook 2003 was re-installed. Ever since then, every time I close Outlook, it "loses" all my autocomplete names. I checked my Outlooks settings, it's set on--I knew it was because I get them for the current session of Outlook only.

I went to the Microsoft site and it suggested that I had a corrupt *.nk2 file. Following a link on this site, I did find my .nk2 file and renamed it (as instructed on the Microsoft site), but still no luck.

What else can I do to keep all my autocomplete names from day to day?

I'm desperate and stumped!! Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online