Outlook 2003 - Birthday Reminders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gavininskip

Hi there,

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that Birthdays (although displayed in my Calender) are no longer coming up on my reminders.

Is there anywhere on Outlook that controls "all birthdays" where I may be able to check to see if reminders have been turned off?

Also, is there a way I can make ALL Birthday's Purple as they are white at the mo.

Thanks

Gavin

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi gavininskip

Open one of the Birthday Events and select Open the Series.
On the right there should be a label field, my Birthday label is purple.
At the bottom is the Categories field where you can select Birthday, as well.

After Saving your changes, you should be able to view the Birthday Events by Category using:
View > Arrange by > Current View > Events or > By Category

If the Birthday event is showing a check mark in the Reminder field, but not reminding you, you may need to reset the reminders using a command switch to start Outlook

Outlook Calendar and Task reminders do not appear as expected

Using Outlook Command lines

Let us know if that works for you or not.

gavininskip

Thanks for that.

I don't have Birthdays as a category - I'm not sure what the advantage would be?

Would you (or anyone) know how you can make ALL Birthday's have the purple label. As it stands, I'd have to go through everyone and do it manually!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Having more than one column header on which to sort can have its advantages.

If you sort the Calendar by Events, you can then add the column header Label, that column would then have a drop down selection where you can select the Purple Birthday Label.

Yes, you will most likely need to change each Birthday label by hand.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online