1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 cannot connect to exchange server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by marucker, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marucker

marucker Thread Starter

I was trying to set up my father's Outlook this evening. He has an IBM Think Pad and is running Microsoft 2000.

Outlook will not open, saying that it cannot connect to the exchange server. Help.

Thank you.

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

are you trying to set it up in a home or work environment? Did you install the OS and software from scratch or is this a former business laptop with the old settings?

3. PrurientCherubim

PrurientCherubim

I'm assuming your Dad doesn't have an exchange server....

Right click on Outlook from the Start Menu. Choose Properties. This should take you to the "Mail Setup"

You have a few options from here....

If you choose show profiles - you can see how Outlook is currently set up -
    You could choose to create a second profile so that the existing one doesn't get deleted... then when you open Outlook it will ask you to choose a profile (or you can set default I believe) - then you would set up his email account from scratch

If you choose Email Accounts you can modify the existing account - most likely you will want to use POP3 instead of Exchange... then link to whatever email he's intending to use...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice