Outlook 2003 can't find .pst file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smeggie

On seemingly random occurrences, when outlook is started it reports that it can't locate the mail.pst file. Sometimes bouncing the computer will correct it; however, this is not always the case. The mail file for each user is on a server in each user's home directory. Any clues?

smeggie said:
On seemingly random occurrences, when outlook is started it reports that it can't locate the mail.pst file. Sometimes bouncing the computer will correct it; however, this is not always the case. The mail file for each user is on a server in each user's home directory. Any clues?
I'm having a similar problem with Outlook Express. I finally, after about 12 hours of work over two days, managed to get the email folders. However, now I can not get the address book to import. I see it, after a lengthly search, but can do nothing with it. The problems exists on the XP OE, and Office 2003...

smeggie,

Although it is intermittent, which makes it difficult to get immediate results, you might try switching to a mapped network drive.

Vince Switze,

I was not aware of way to have Outlook Express keep the data files on a network server, either with a mapped network drive or UNC connection. Be best to start your own thread on this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts