1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 contacts to Outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by grace1st, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grace1st

grace1st Thread Starter

I need to save my MS Outlook Contacts from my PC at work (using Outlook 2003) to my PC at home (using Outlook 2000). I know how to use File> New> Outlook Data File> Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)> OK to start, but that doesn't populate the new directory (or file or whatever it is) with the contacts.

How do I copy/paste, translate, whatever the contacts into that new directory?
    Please reply to [email protected].

Thanks and Merry Christmas! :)
    Scott

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Go to you current Contacts.

Hightlight them all - Ctrl-A

Copy them to the buffer - Ctrl-C

Go to the Contacts location in the new pst file

Paste them back in again - Ctrl-V

3. grace1st

grace1st Thread Starter

Thanks Bob. But this isn't working. I've managed to get my contacts from the PC at work. (They're currently on a memory stick and I'm saving them to my desktop. But my Outlook 2000 at home refuses to open the .pst file. (Remember, I'm trying to move my contacts from my Outlook 2003 at work to my Outlook 2000 at home.)
    If only I can make that last jump. I tried to import the file. I've copied and pasted. No workie.

Any help would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/422949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice