Outlook 2003 Contacts Unable To Save (Hang)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChaosDoom

Hi guys, when I wanna save my contact by right clicking on the address then choose properties, then I click on Save and Close. My Outlook Hangs.

I am using Windows XP SP 2 and Outlook 2003. Any suggestions or solutions pls? :) Many thanks to u guys.

ChaosDoom said:
Hi guys, when I wanna save my contact by right clicking on the address then choose properties, then I click on Save and Close. My Outlook Hangs.

I am using Windows XP SP 2 and Outlook 2003. Any suggestions or solutions pls? :) Many thanks to u guys.

You can try going under Help and clicking on Detect and Repair to try and fix any problems. Sounds like you have a corrupt file. Have you done an update to Office 2003 lately? Just wondering if that might have caused the problem.

ChaosDoom

I have tried repairing the pst file and also repair the Outlook. This problem arise only after I have got infected with Trojan.AJ and Trojan.AH :(

Hmm, I try to attached a screenshot so as u guys can have a better look at it.

I would suggest you make a backup of your pst file. The file by default will be in c:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Then I would uninstall Outlook and then reinstall it. It appears that a file is corrupted or something in the Registry is corrupted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online