Outlook 2003 crashes and sends report - seems to be when outbox used - stumped

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

disney_cjd

All

I am stumped. I have Office 2003 and have had no probs for monts. I run Panda Internet Sec 2005 and Spybot etc with no problems. ALthough Panda has found a couple of dialers a few days ago.

Anyway I connect using dsl to my isp and runa number of accoutns on Outlook 2003. Yesterday it started to crash and crash in a way in which it sends data to Microsoft without so much as an error message apart from this ...

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 11.0.6359.0 Offset: 002bde54

It crashes when I either,
- typed any letter intot eh "TO" box ina new message OR
- when I reply to a message - this is OK, until it hits the out box then it crashes.

It is still receving mail OK.

I run WIndows XP sp2 and have all the latest upodates for this and OFfice. I am really stumped and its driving me nuts. Any ideas please all?

Thanks so much
Craig

disney_cjd

Hi

YEs I did that and I have checekd that all of the psts are under 2 gug also.

Any other ideas or things I should try? I even went back over a doxzen or so restore points adn its still doing it!!

Please help all you can

Thanks
Craig

Anne Troy

Anne
>>checked that all of the psts are under 2 gig also.

2003 doesn't have that limitation. :)

Try this:

(you know where your PST files are, right? Make sure you do)

Start-->Run and type:

outlook.exe /unregserver
(yes, there's a space before the slash)

Then immediately run:

outlook.exe /regserver

You may have to designate your PSTs when you then launch Outlook.

More info (article not related, but see the command-line switches in the article):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347711033.aspx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts