1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Create Custom Mapping Fields - Help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by caminator, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

When in Contacts, I removed most fields and added a couple myself. One field was "Date Created" and "ID". How come when I try to import my csv file, it does not give me the option to find those fields while im maping the information? Where else do I ned to create those fields so they will appear in the Map custom fields area of the importing process?

Note: Mod's, I put this in the wrong forum at first. Please delete the "All Software" thread. Thanks and sory for my confusion

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi caminator

I have deleted your other thread, thank you for mentioning it.

For your Contacts list, do those fields you have added appear in the Exported .csv file?
    Do they appear in the Map Fields list before the Export?

3. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

THey appear in the exprted file, yes. The map fields list is the problem I'm having. THey are showing up in the left window (where im importing from), but not on the list on the right side (where im importing to - oulook). All the fields on the right are predefined fields, and I want to choose from user defined ones. How do I do that?

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Have you tried dragging a field over from the Left window to the Right window?

5. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

yes, I tried that, and iut drags, but I need a custom field to drag it to. Right now I am being forced to drag it to a outlook pre defined value. I want to add and remove some of those values. How can I do that?

6. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/472977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice