1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 email diverting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DON MURRAY, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DON MURRAY

DON MURRAY Thread Starter

I can't get outlook 2003 to divert incoming emails to another email accout. There is not a "DIVERT" option in the list of optioins. There is a "FORWARD" option and it works but it sends the message as a forwarded message with the lead in stuff in the email as it arrives at the second account.
    The MS help web page indicates that there should be a "DIVERT" option that will make the message received by the second email account look like it had been sent directly to it. This is what I want but the "DIVERT" option is not shown in the "Rules and Alerts" menu options.
    What am I doing wrong?

Don

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

I believe that diverting or redirecting incoming e-mails in Outlook requires sending and receiving e-mails through a Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, or 2007 account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha102276681033.aspx#1

Can you provide a link to the MS help page that you mention in your first post?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/925049