Outlook 2003 fails to connect to server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ArcticPrince

Outlook 2003 and Outlook express will no longer connect..I get the following error message:

! Task 'Arctic:Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error (0x80004005): 'Outlook's request to the server failed. The server responded ".'

This message occurs in both Outlook and Outlook express. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, cleared all temps, and cookies but no change in the resultant message. I am in the United Arab Emirates and am behind a heavily censored ISP, but none of my friends are having the same problem.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully helping.........

BTW..P4 3ghz, winXP, 1 gig ram, 2x 80 gig hd, lots of bells and whistles..

Make certain Internet explorer is set as default browser in Tools / internet options / programs

ArcticPrince

I did set internet explorer to check if it was the default broswer, but it had no affect on my problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online