1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 incoming mail

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by staffingpro, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. staffingpro

staffingpro Thread Starter

Running outlook 2003 and XP home. just noticed to today that 98% of all my mail is going directly to junk mail. What has happened and how do I fix it. Gary

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi staffingpro

In Outlook 2003,
    Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Junk E-mail... button
    What option is selected?

3. staffingpro

staffingpro Thread Starter

It is set to High,

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

I have mine set to high, as well. Sometimes Outlook picks up messages that are not spam and dumps them in the Junk Mail folder.

You can right click the messages in the Junk Mail folder and select:
    Junk E-mail > Mark as Not Junk
    Outlook should then move the message back to the Inbox. If you have more than one message from the same sender in the Junk E-mail folder you can perform the same steps on each of them or move the remaining messages back to the Inbox folder at the same time.

Also in:
    Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Junk E-mail... button > Blocked Senders tab
    You can scroll through that list and remove the addresses that Outlook has collected that you do not want blocked.

You don't happen to have additional Spam software installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice