Outlook 2003 (not Express) Spam Management

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RubyBlu

Typically when I receive spam, my isp provider marks it as such, then I discern whether it's actual spam, then add those msg's to my junk folder listing. At times I recognize the same spam frequently returning. I'm sure there's a more effective way of managing this unwanted traffic. I've never used "rules & alerts" and "auto-delete"...

Can anyone offer some simple tips?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi RubyBlu

Use the Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List to mark unwanted e-mails that download into your Inbox. These are then moved to the Junk E-mail folder and Outlook 2003 will remember next time, if the spammer uses the same address again. Probability of that is low. They'll just use a different e-mail address.

Place your Junk E-mail options to High or use the Safe Sender's List option.

I also use the Tools > Organize feature in Outlook 2003 and have messages from people I know appear in color.
If a message comes in as black, then I can see right off that the message needs to organized by color or use Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List
I go through my Junk E-mail folder at least once a week to verify no messages have been inadvertently marked as Junk that should not be. Then I empty the Junk E-mail folder.

You can also download a free spam program or purchase one, you will more than likely need to train the program as to what is spam and what is not.

There are some free spam alternatives at this site: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads10.html
Not all the programs listed, at that link, are spam blockers, read the descriptions and check for the word: Freeware

RubyBlu

Hi RubyBlu

Use the Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List to mark unwanted e-mails that download into your Inbox. These are then moved to the Junk E-mail folder and Outlook 2003 will remember next time, if the spammer uses the same address again. Probability of that is low. They'll just use a different e-mail address.

Place your Junk E-mail options to High or use the Safe Sender's List option.

I also use the Tools > Organize feature in Outlook 2003 and have messages from people I know appear in color.
If a message comes in as black, then I can see right off that the message needs to organized by color or use Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List
I go through my Junk E-mail folder at least once a week to verify no messages have been inadvertently marked as Junk that should not be. Then I empty the Junk E-mail folder.

You can also download a free spam program or purchase one, you will more than likely need to train the program as to what is spam and what is not.

There are some free spam alternatives at this site: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads10.html
Not all the programs listed, at that link, are spam blockers, read the descriptions and check for the word: Freeware
Really appreciate all of this info. Will try this today!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online