1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 (not Express) Spam Management

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RubyBlu, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubyBlu

RubyBlu Thread Starter

Typically when I receive spam, my isp provider marks it as such, then I discern whether it's actual spam, then add those msg's to my junk folder listing. At times I recognize the same spam frequently returning. I'm sure there's a more effective way of managing this unwanted traffic. I've never used "rules & alerts" and "auto-delete"...

Can anyone offer some simple tips?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi RubyBlu

Use the Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List to mark unwanted e-mails that download into your Inbox. These are then moved to the Junk E-mail folder and Outlook 2003 will remember next time, if the spammer uses the same address again. Probability of that is low. They'll just use a different e-mail address.

Place your Junk E-mail options to High or use the Safe Sender's List option.

I also use the Tools > Organize feature in Outlook 2003 and have messages from people I know appear in color.
    If a message comes in as black, then I can see right off that the message needs to organized by color or use Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List
    I go through my Junk E-mail folder at least once a week to verify no messages have been inadvertently marked as Junk that should not be. Then I empty the Junk E-mail folder.

You can also download a free spam program or purchase one, you will more than likely need to train the program as to what is spam and what is not.

There are some free spam alternatives at this site: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads10.html
    Not all the programs listed, at that link, are spam blockers, read the descriptions and check for the word: Freeware

3. RubyBlu

RubyBlu Thread Starter

Really appreciate all of this info. Will try this today!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/858746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice