1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003: not marking read items as read

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nickwit, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickwit

nickwit Thread Starter

Using outlook 2003 and a pop3 server to access my webmail email, i am able to send and recieve. However when i read my emails and close outlook the items remain unread when i check outlook later. This happens quite often and is very annoying... any help is appreciated.

windows xp SP2

2 gig ram

Athlon 64 FX - 53: 2.4ghz

Nick

2. Knotbored

Knotbored

Outlook Express has a tab to fix this-maybe Outlook has the same.
    TOOLS/OPTIONS/tab READ
    check Mark Messages READ after displaying (add 5 seconds)

Maybe that seconds number has been raised above the time you take to scan messages. OE doesnt care IF you peek at a message-it cares HOW long you stare at it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/362086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice