1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 not sending attachments directly from Excel

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mstaubin, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mstaubin

mstaubin Thread Starter

I am having an issue sending attachments directly from any application outside of Outlook. Example: I try to send an excel spreadsheet from excel using the send to option in the file menu. When I do, it loads up outlook and attaches the excel file to a new message. When I hit send to send the message after addressing it, it does nothing. No errors, just nothing. Here is what is wierd. I can hit the save icon and it will save the message in my inbox. If I go to my inbox, select the message and hit forward, it comes up completely addressed as I had done earlier. I click send and it goes.
    It's a minor irritation but, I would like to find out why I can send an attachment from a external app without going through these extra steps. I have tried it with Word 2003, Excel 2003, IE7 and a few other apps, same results.

Thank you in advance for your help in resolving my issue.

Mark

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice