1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 not sending large files

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wes888, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes888

wes888 Thread Starter

Is there a setting in Outlook 2003 that can be changed that allows larger files to be emailed? I can send smaller files, but larger files will not send. My Verizon Broadband allows about 10MB files sizes to be sent, so Outlook must be stopping the larger ones. I recently reinstalled Outlook. My system will now send a 650K file, but a 1MB or larger stays in the Outbox. Sometimes I get an error that there is a problem with the server. Other times the file just stays in the Outbox and tries to send several times. At times the file will be sent but the file stays in the outbox as though it didn't send. I sent a large video file about 10 times to several people, but the file appeared to not send since it stayed in the outbox. Also, at times Outlook freezes when I try to open an email and I have to reboot and sometimes reinstall Office 2003.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/369761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice