1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 not sending

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tjggriz, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjggriz

tjggriz Thread Starter

I am having trouble sending out of Outlook 2003 I get the following:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Email
    Sent: 9/29/2008 11:27 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

"on 9/29/2008 11:27 AM
    553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

I have contacted administrators on several ends to no avail. Also I opened up outlook express and set up the account there. I was able to send out emails no problem. Once I went back to outlook I was now able to send out emails. However the next day started the problem all over again not sending in outlook but sending in express and once sent in express able to send in outlook. Anybody have any ideas how to force outlook to continue to send? I would like to keep using outlook, I don't really like express, just a matter of preference.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi tjggriz

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Finally dusted us off and put us to use? :D

It sounds like the account settings in Outlook Express are correct and not correct in Outlook 2003.
    When you send first in Outlook Express, you are logging onto the mail server, when you then switch over to Outlook 2003, the login process has already been performed.

Did you compare your account settings in Outlook 2003 with Outlook Express?
    Perhaps My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication needs to be selected, on the Outgoing Server tab?

Receiving messages in Outlook 2003 works fine?

3. tjggriz

tjggriz Thread Starter

Yes, I checked all account settings they are the same. I am receiving mail fine. I did make sure the "My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" was checked. It still did not make it go through.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Can you post the exact error message you get in Outlook when first sending?

Send a message addressed to yourself for the test.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice