Outlook 2003 or Excel 2003 Task Macro help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kdparker

I am looking for help in writing a macro that will do the following.

With Excel 2003 open and the current workbook open. The macro should be able to save 3 variables from the current spreadsheet (some text, a value and a date ) The macro should open up Outlook 2003 as a task, attach the current workbook. In the Subject field of the task it should add the user's name, then the attached spreadsheet's filename then the text variable, then the value variable and finally the date.

Also it would be great if the Priority of the task could be set to High and the Start and Due dates set to 3 calendar days before the date variable.

Finally the macro would set a list of people the task is assigned to. The macro should NOT save the task as a check would need to be done manually.

I have tried unsuccessfully to write a macro in Outlook as I cannot seem to access the attachment filename or any data from the file. I have tried a macro in Excel which I can create a task and add some text to the Subject of the task but with no real progress on the attachment.

I have tried searching the net for help but a lot of code for Outlook is for the mail side of things rather than tasks and the little code snippets I have found have been of limited use. I have limited skills in programming Visual Basic and C so quite prepared to get my use code which does similar things

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online