1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Printing from Reading Pane

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rwrussell, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

I'm using Outlook 2003 (on Exchange) on an XP Pro machine. I have it configured to give me 2 email accounts. I have the reading pane activated on both accounts.

I used to be able to print (clicking the print icon or using the menu) from the reading pane without actually opening the email for each of the two accounts. Now, I can only do it from one of the accounts. The error message I get when I try to print from the second account is: "Message headers cannot be printed. Download the complete message and then print."

The fact that I used to be able to print from both, but now only from one leads me to believe I inadvertently changed a setting. Someone suggested it may be a security setting, but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi rwrussell

In Outlook 2003,
    Tools > Options > Mail Setup tab > Send/Receive button > Edit button

Highlight each account in the Send/Receive group and check that the options are:
    Download complete item including attachments
    Click: Close

If there are more Send/Receive groups, Edit each one of them to verify their settings.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

3. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

There is only one Send/Receive account. That option is unchecked, but the area is grayed out, so I can't change it.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

After clicking Edit for the Send/Receive group.

At the top, there should be a check mark in: Include the selected account in this group
    The options below should become available.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

5. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

That box is checked, but the area below is still grayed out.

6. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

There is only one Send/Receive group?
    Two e-mail accounts appear on the left side, are the options for the other account grayed out, as well?

Create a new Send/Receive group and see if the options for the accounts are grayed out.

Is this a work computer?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice