1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 problem has lead to other problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Cowboy622, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

This started last October when my Outlook 2003 stopped sending and receiving. After trying to fix it for two months I took it into the shop. First time was told it worked but it didn't the second time I took it in, the tech said that there was some kind of security setting/license that had to be updated. He did it and the next thing I knew I have 435 e-mails coming in. I figured success.

Now I have no power point and Mozilla Firefox won't boot. I tried to reinstall Microsoft Office Professional 2003 to reinstall Powerpoint and I keep getting a message that it can't find "mainsp3.msp" and wants me to browse to it. No clue what that is?

Mozilla starts to boot and a little box labeled "Alert shows up but nothing in the box to see what the alert is. One time before the alerts came up I got a message that it can't find "firefox.exe". I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail.

I was going to reinstalled Windows XP Home over itself but I got to a screen saying it couldn't but I could repair, so I chose repair. I seems to have reinstalled and afterward updated itself.

Anyone know how to fix these. I'm about ready to format the hard drive at this point.

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

You should post in the Malware section, in order to rule out any Malicious software.

I have OE 2003 and you have to make sure you have SP3 for Outlook (not XP but that should be done also) installed as it solves many problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/789563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice