1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2003 problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by loveyellowstone, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loveyellowstone

loveyellowstone Thread Starter

:confused:I have outlook 2003 and someone sent me an email with embedded links to internet sites. when i click on it, i get the following message in a dialogue which prevents me from access that link:
    "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effecct on this computer. Please contact you system administrator."

I am not sure how to deal with this. The person who is in charge with the network is not sure how to fix it. he has limited knowledge with outlook.

please help

2. eric996

eric996

What version of internet explorer are you running? That is, if you use that instead of firefox, opera, etc...

Try to reset the web settings and that might help if you use IE

In IE Tools >> Internet Options >> Programs tab and click the Reset Web Settings button.

If you do use firefox, try resetting the default web browser to IE and see if the error message clears up. And then switch back to firefox as the default and see if the error reoccurs.

To reset your web browser go to Start >> all Programs >> Set Program Access and Defaults. Select custom and make sure IE is the default.

You might also want to check that default associations for htm/html files are configured correctly

3. loveyellowstone

loveyellowstone Thread Starter

Thanks for the help.

4. eric996

eric996

Hey, glad I could be of assistance. If you get the chance, go ahead and mark this thread as solved.

Have a good one.

Thanks,
    E

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice