1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 problems w/exchange server & pop3 acct

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jmcgee, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmcgee

jmcgee Thread Starter

When sending internal mail and default is the exchange server it works fine. But if you are sending an internet mail it trys to go thru the exchange server also. If you list internet mail as default it does not send exchange mail. How do I make it start with one service and if it does not go to automatically use the other service. :confused:

2. JimiT

JimiT

Click the Account button (next to Send) to choose another account to send from when using Outlook 2003:

Attached Files:

3. jmcgee

jmcgee Thread Starter

That will help, but what if you have a message you wanted to send both exchange and internet. What do you do? Seems like in Outlook 2000 we did not have to choose which account it send from.

4. JimiT

JimiT

As far as I know, you can only SEND from one account per message and you need to specify what account that you want to send from. It sounds like you wanted it to try to send from Exchange and if it fails then try to send from another account?

5. sle

sle

Outlook should be sending and receiving on both accts, no matter which is the default. If this isn't the case, I think you've got a more serious problem, tho I wouldn't know how to resolve it.

All email (internal and pop) will be sent with the "from" field showing the default email address. This is true even if you're repling to an email that was sent to the non-default acct. But per JimiT's pic, you can use the Accts option to have individual emails be sent through the non-default acct. I don't know of a simpler way than that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/348220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice