1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Profile Question-new to forum

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dandtnor, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dandtnor

dandtnor Thread Starter

Hello all

I am new to this forum and have a question. I want to be able to send and receive email from my work email remotely from home. I think I need to set up a profile using my home isp settings. Correct? Also is there a way in Outlook to set up two profiles one for home and one for work? And how do I send and receive from one and not the other?

Sorry for all the questions. Can anyone help?

Thank you

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

The details depends on what version of Outlook you have and how it is currently set up (Workgroup or Corporate Configuration)/

3. dandtnor

dandtnor Thread Starter

I using Outlook 2003. I am on an office network and my home isp is verizon. Does that help?
    thanks

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

When you first go into the e-mail configuration for Outlook2003, click on the Show Profiles button.

From here you can add it additional profiles you can create.

5. dandtnor

dandtnor Thread Starter

Thank you. If I do that and then send and receive will it check both profiles? I do I set this up so it will only check the profile that I am using at that time? Really appreciate your help
    david

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You will start Outlook and select whichever profile you want to use.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/337881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice