1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 pst to 2000 pst

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by stockdam, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stockdam

stockdam Thread Starter

I think I know that this can't be done but just in case.......

In my previous company we used Office 2003 and before I left I saved my personal emails as a pst file.

In my new company we use Office 2000 and now I find it won't read Office 2003 pst files.

This is very annoying and there are emails I need.

Obviously I will need to find somebody with 2003 but why don't Microsoft provide a solution? They know about this issue but won't solve it.

Maybe there is a way and that's why I'm asking here.

It's so tempting to use a pirate copy just to get my emails back and then dump it.

2. kama64

kama64

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi stockdam

You will need to have Outlook 2003, to create an Outlook 97-2002 .pst file. The steps are outlined in the link kama64 posted for you.

Microsoft does have a 60 day free trial of Outlook 2007. Though I haven't installed it yet to know if it will create the older .pst file you require.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101674071033.aspx

As for your last comment, please do not ask us for help with pirate copies as that is against the Forum Rules.
    Thank you

4. stockdam

stockdam Thread Starter

The 60 day trial seems a good bet. I do not have Outlook 2003 or 2007 so I can't use Kama64's suggestion......Microsoft seem to assume that you will be upgrading but when you move jobs you can be downgrading.

Oh and I didn't ask for help with pirate copies.......I said I would be tempting as Microsoft haven't made it easy to do what I want to do. Being empted is different to actually doing something or asking for something.

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Thanks for clarifying.

Let us know if downloading Office 2007 resolves the issue.

6. stockdam

stockdam Thread Starter

Ok will do. I'll have to do it on another PC as I don't want the demo to mess up my existing setup as it's a work laptop.

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Create a Restore Point as well, before installing the trial.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/578112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice