outlook 2003 - reminders window is empty

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newmarket2

I've been moving between 2 computers - one running vista, the other xp.
When I moved outlook from the xp machine to the vista machine, I encountered several problems on the vista machine.

The big one right now is that, while all my tasks are there, and the overdue ones show up nicely,
when I VIEW my REMINDERS WINDOW
it is empty and should have the overdue items.

Can someone help me please?
Michael

Have you tried starting Outlook with the \cleanreminders switch?Close Outlook and Go to Start > Run and enter outlook /cleanreminders

Newmarket2

When I opened Outlook the 1st time back on my Vista machine, I think I opened the imap folder before the outlook.pst folder. This might have caused outlook to make the imap folder the default folder.
I fixed the problem (which resulted in the reminders window reappearing and several other problems clearing up too) by backing up and restarting - this time with only the outlook backup file available to outlook. Oh, I had to delete the imap folder from the list of email folders and declare my personal folder as my mail folder first.

One left-over problem: I have 2 imap folders and can't make the 2nd one go away. I get a warning that outlook can't find it, but if I ignore the request to locate it, outlook still loads and I'm ok.

Any ideas about how I can get rid of this last annoyance?

Or should I just upgrade to 2007?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online