Outlook 2003 runtime error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BrunoNero

Hi

Been getting a Runtime error with Outlook 2003 for weeks now, making it unusable. It usually crashes upon start up or a few minutes thereafter at best. It seems to have occurred ever since my antivirus Avast thought an email was infected, which it wasn't.

I've tried uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling. Uninstalling Avast and using a different antivirus or none at all. I've tried Outlook in Safe Mode and have disabled just about all start up items. System Restore doesn't seem to be working properly so I can't go backwards.

I've searched and searched for a solution but no luck. Next step is wiping my hard drive and reinstalling Windows! Oh, I'm running XP HE, forgot to say.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

The specifics of your error would help. It could be a corrupted user profile or a corrupt PST (or a few other things) but I can't be certain. I would try making a new account first.

BrunoNero

Thanks. Is there a way of doing this without opening Outlook though, given the fact that Outlook crashes almost instantly?

In case it makes a difference, I'm using an imap account.

Anything else you need to know that you think would be useful?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online