1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 send and recieve error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Piggycop, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piggycop

Piggycop Thread Starter

When I try to send and receive my email in outlook 2003 I get the error message as follows:

Task 'myusername - sending' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Task 'myusername - receiving' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

I have looked the error message up online and on several forums but there are no clear solutions. I am running Microsoft xp sp 3 and have a fully updated version of office 2003. Any help would be great and much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What is the history of this, did it work OK at some stage or has it always done this?

The message is associated mainly with Exchange, which would indicate this computer is on a company network, is this the case?

3. Piggycop

Piggycop Thread Starter

It worked earlier this week, but started coming up with an error message saying an avg anti virus file could not be found. I used detect and repair and restored default settings. (Deleted my username) And after I re-entered my account information it came back with this error. It is a computer on a small network set up on a POP3 account. The program is connecting to the server because I can test account settings and all other computers set up on this account receive the test email.

4. Piggycop

Piggycop Thread Starter

If you need any other information I would be more than happy to provide you with it.

5. Piggycop

Piggycop Thread Starter

I May have created a new problem by trying to sove this one. The send recive error does not come up any more but now it says operation failed an object could not be found. I was instructed to go to %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and delete a .srs file and recreate my account. I did and now there I am getting this error.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice