1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gary335, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary335

Gary335 Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this problem. I've tried every solution I can think of and have had no luck.

I reformatted my hard drive today after Windows XP SP2 crashed and would no longer boot. After I finished reinstalling XP SP2 I installed Office 2003, and configured it for my e-mail account. When I went to Send/Receive mail, I got the following error:

Error 0x80040154. Internet Mail is not registered properly. Reinstall and try again.

I have tried Detect/Repair, uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, and just about everything else I can think of to no avail. The only thing I haven't done is to remove and reinstall the entire Office suite. Didn't think it would make much difference, since doing that with just Outlook did no good. Any help anyone can offer would be very much appreciated.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Gary335

In Outlook 2003:
    Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook
    What do the first two lines show?

Have you tried creating a new profile in Outlook 2003?
    How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

When you added your e-mail account, was Internet Mail an option?
    That sounds like one of the options given for Outlook 2000, when setting up an e-mail account.

3. Gary335

Gary335 Thread Starter

The first two lines show the following:

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)
    Part of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition

I have tried creating a new profile, and that did not work either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice