1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Send\Recieve Issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by CSutcliffe, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSutcliffe

CSutcliffe Thread Starter

Hello,

I am working on an issue that is site wide... Small business under 200 users are having this issue. When the client sends mail everything works fine. When the client attempts to receive mail they are unable to do so.

Troubleshooting I have done:

1. I was successfully able to send mail to an external email account... but I was unable to reply.

2. I contacted the mail server host... they said the reason that it was happening was because it was a pop3 mail account - ( I think that is wrong and there is another reason).

3. I am not receiving any delivery failures... so the mail is getting stuck somewhere along the way.

Can someone help me with this... I could use some tips for more troubleshooting so that I can identify the problem.

Thank you,
    Chris

2. draceplace

draceplace

Your mail host should provide you with a little more support.

How is the mail configured? pop3?
    Was mail working and now it quit?

3. vane0326

vane0326

I had a similar problem.

Everyone was sending emails but not receiving. So I went to DNSSTUFF.com and input the exchange email server ip address to see if I get a successful reply and I did not. So I called our internet provider to tell them something is wrong. They think it was our end but actually it was theres'. The IP Address they gave us that we had it for many years suddenly turn bad. It could be many reasons. Like, They could of accidentally gave your IP address to someone else or someone in the company accidentally took the exchange server ip address ect.

Also, Nobody got any errors when sending emails to our company because we setup an account with NO-IP.com if the exchange server goes down it will hold our emails until its up and running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice