1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2003 sending Duplicate e-mail

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by stryker9603, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stryker9603

stryker9603 Thread Starter

Good Morning All. Newbie here so be Gentle. I have searched Google and this forum site for the answer to my question and I cant find the answer.

currently I have a user using Outlook 2003. some times she sends duplicate messages to clients and to employees. It does not seem to be any pattern associated.

we are running Exchange on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard addition server.

I have ran a repair and fix on outlook. and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled outlook. Those did not seem to work.

any other fixes I could try?

2. Jabononymous

Jabononymous

I have in the past had the exact scenario for a user within my organization and this did the trick for me. Let me know how it works
    1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
    2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
    3. Click your POP3 e-mail account, and then click Change.
    4. Click More Settings.
    5. On the Advanced tab, uncheck/deselct the "Leave a copy of messages on the
    server check box and then click OK.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice