Outlook 2003 Sending Problem (moved from XP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drawab

I have been unable to SEND emails from my MS Outlook 2003 for the past few weeks. I have tried to sort it out from my ISP but they say its all fine on their end.

I have a DSL Modem hooked to a DLINK 614+ wireless router followed by my laptop. I have almost an identical setup at home and also at the office (Same ISP, DSl Modem and DLINK Router) somehow I am able to send mails from my home connection BUT not through my office connection. I have tried the situation with another laptop and same problem (office line seems to be the problem)

I tried to TELNET to my ISP's SMTP server and do get a proper response - when editing my email accounts in outlook if i click Test connection I DO get all items successfully completed and soon follows by an eamil in my inbox showing things to be in order, BUT if i compose an email in outlook (at the office) it never leaves the outbox and stays stranded until I go home to finally send all my pending items. its really irritating

My DSL line has decent U/D speeds on a 256K connection giving me 26kb/sec of both Upload and Download.

Surprisingly if I try to Compose an email in Gmail / Hotmail or even Yahoo it times out. or for that matter composing this post on techguy I had to go home and post it - it kept on timing out.

Someone is after me for composing emails HELP (everything is smooth sailing at home - gmail hotmail and yahoo work perfectly)

Could this be a configuration problem in my wireless router (I think they have identical settings) nothing outwardly different that I can really put my finger on

Sorry to say I don't have the answer to your problem, but I am curious what av/firewall you might be using. We have had similar problems on a laptop and desktop after downloading av/firewall updates over wireless (doesn't happen if we stick to dialup updates, didn't happen on cable modem until wireless was installed). I followed Symantec fixes, didn't work, have (several times) uninstalled and reinstalled Norton Internet Security (including manually hunting residual files), recently encountered same problem with McAfee (now uninstalled & working fine, but will need to bullet-proof computer again soon).

drawab

KatzenFrau thank you for your reply ;) even the slightest hint/guidance is highly apprecaited

I am using XP SP2
AVG Antivius and only using the standard XP firewall

Thanx

Actually joined this forum because of this recurring problem, but did not get a single response. The laptop is XP SP2 Prof., used on the road with various access, numerous wi-fi locations, landline dialup & cell--only happens after wi-fi. We are, now, restricting our updates to diapup/cell. Current problem is with older Me on Belkin Pre-N router. If you get no other suggestions, first try deleting your Outlook account, reboot and set up account, again. Uninstalling & reinstalling AV is a pain. Maybe a shapshot posted in forum would tell a more experienced member if a file is corrupted. Best of luck.

I am having trouble with Outlook messages just hanging. I have MS Office 2007 on my new computer with MS Vista. I loaded Outlook 2003 and had no trouble with it until recently. I think (?) I sent an email from either Excel or Word (2007) and it did not send. I then started to send email from Outlook (2003) and they all sit in the Outbox. On the bottom of the page it will say sending message 1 of 6 and there is only 1 message in the Outbox. I have tried to send messages repeatedly, but have to keep deleting anything in the Outbox that I try to send and send from the internet webmail. I think that everything I delete is still trying to send, but it is now out of the Outbox. I know that it has not sent, but it is still listing on the bottom of the page as trying to send. This is very frustrating as I do not know where to even look for this to delete them. Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!! I have tried to reinstall Outlook with no luck. I am afraid to uninstall as I do not want to lose the info that I have. If that is my last resort, I will just do that.

~Lisa

I am having the same problem with the Outbox never clearing out - hence, no emails can be sent. I have searched the internet and I believe the problem began occurring when I went into the Outbox to read an email before it was actually sent. Google Desktop (probably) then indexed the email and Outlook somehow stopped functioning properly. That DIAGNOSIS, if true, is great and all, but I need some kind of PRESCRIPTION. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. As is, Outlook is worthless to me right now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online