Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  EAFiedler 
#1 ·
I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

#2 ·
Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting. :)

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

#3 ·
Hi EAFiedler,

Specifically, I have one Microsoft Exchange account and two POP3 accounts...all different domains. I have Outlook setup to automatically download the two POP3 accounts directly into my Exchange Inbox folder.

If by "header column" you mean "Grouping Header" (e.g. if sorted by date, one grouping header is "Today" and another is "Last Week")...this is where the problem is. The grouping header name is one of my account names, just not always the correct name...but the weird thing is, the groupings are accurate.

Let me see if I can give a simplified example; each group below correctly groups the emails, however the group headers are not always accurate.

Group1: @abc.com
--- Email: @abc.com
--- Email: @abc.com

Group2: @abc.com
--- Email: @123.com
--- Email: @123.com

Does this better explain my problem?

#4 ·
Yes, I understand the grouping result, thank you.

I don't have an Exchange server to work with, that may be causing the behavior.
Is this occurring on a business/work machine?

If so, do you have a computer at home where you can download the two POP accounts (outside of an Exchange environment) to see if the behavior persists there, as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.