Outlook 2003 spellcheck crashes program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wingletang

A colleague has had a persistent problem with Outlook 2002 running under Windows XP on an HP laptop: When he carried out a spellcheck on a message, it would sometimes crash the program. Outlook closed and on restart had to wait through a lengthy check of the mail files before he could start using it again.

He has recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, partially in the hope that this fault would be eliminated. No such luck! The program still crashes about once a day with he same symptoms.

The error in the log is as fiollows:

Fault bucket 362195512.

Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8118.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

I have run comboscan in the hope that someone can suggest a fix. I have attached the two resulting logs.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Peter (Wingletang)

Attachments

Wingletang

We have realised that the crash only occurs when the spellchecker finds a word it does not recognise. If all words in the message are in the dictionary, there is no crash.

Any ideas anyone?

Also have this problem - driving me crazy and about to try total reinstall after saving pst files (although they may be corrupt?) Have tried scan pst etc - only thing that works is to turn off "always suggest a word" in the spelling options main screen.
Will post results of reinstall.
Regrards
Simon:mad:

Wingletang

Thanks for this information Simon. I will be very interested in the result of your reinstall.

Regards,

Peter.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts