1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 sporadically converts incoming HTML mail to plain text

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by akajam, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akajam

akajam Thread Starter

Hi, I haven't found an answer to this yet, so I'm opening another thread.

I'm using Outlook 2003 in Win 7, and occasionally emails arrive (from gmail and hotmail accounts) that should be HTML but have been converted to plain text, with all the background HTML code (makes for long messages) and none of the pictures or graphics the sender sent.

It happens occasionally - mail from the same source sometimes comes through as HTML, and sometimes is converted to plain text and un-readable.

The Read All Standard Mail In Plain Text cb has always been clear; I don't have any add-ins installed; don't have AVG installed (I don't have any anti-virus programs installed at the moment).

Anyone have any other ideas I can try?

2. Rockn

Rockn

It depends on how the sender is sending the email. Do all other emails from all other sources come in in the correct format?

3. akajam

akajam Thread Starter

Yes, in general all email comes in the way it should. This has only been happening for a few weeks. Now that I think about it, it never happened on my now-toast big WXP laptop - it started happening when I began using my little HP tablet for everything. The tablet started life as Vista (ugh) and I changed it to Win 7. After the change to Win 7 the mail from specific individuals, with gmail or hotmail accounts, began occasionally coming in as long lists of HTML code (to which I could not reply, oddly).

There are at least three senders I have problems with - and some of their emails are fine, and some are not. I'm mystified.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice