1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 stopped sending email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Haidasloop, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haidasloop

Haidasloop Thread Starter

I am travelling internationally over the next 3 months. When I connect through the internet using hotel services, I can receive email, but can not send. I have an msn.com email address, using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Currently, I am connected to a D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, and I think it may be blocking the Outgoing Server (SMPT) port 25. I have taken the action to change the port to 587. I have gotten email to send with this setting, but email can still hang up in the outbox...no pattern yet on when it hangs up and when it doesn't. Any suggestions on my actions so far or actions I should take? Thanks.

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

when i travel, outlook and outlook express become worthless.

recieving is fine, sending is the problem because what's setup as the smtp server is with your isp, in the hotels or where ever, you're using their servers/server address even though you recieve thru your pop3 server.

i've tried to get the smtp server address from the hotel folks but they don't have any idea of what i'm asking for.

i access my pop3 mail thu www.e-mailanywhere.com.

i have an address book but typically, webmail can't send/recieve all attachments and this one limits the number of folks i can forward to.

3. Haidasloop

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a more generic solution...perhaps one doesn't exist, but I am hopeful that someone has found a solution.

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

it would be great to use outlook and oe on the road and the only way i see is a verizon, sprint, att wireless card.

able to access wherever you can talk on the phone but i bet you don't want to pay for the card for convenience.

5. Krash

Krash

Hey you might want to check this link out for a possible work around.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/tonyhughes/599

It talks about using a Gmail smtp server for which you would need a free gmail account.

6. Haidasloop

In checking this out, I think it will work! Thanks for the link...very much appreciate your help.

7. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

sure it'll work,much like what i suggested, whick is tied into your pop3 account, instead of this, a separate account.

i thought the issue was to be able to use outlook on the road.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/746053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice