Outlook 2003 stopped sending email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Haidasloop

I am travelling internationally over the next 3 months. When I connect through the internet using hotel services, I can receive email, but can not send. I have an msn.com email address, using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Currently, I am connected to a D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, and I think it may be blocking the Outgoing Server (SMPT) port 25. I have taken the action to change the port to 587. I have gotten email to send with this setting, but email can still hang up in the outbox...no pattern yet on when it hangs up and when it doesn't. Any suggestions on my actions so far or actions I should take? Thanks.

bearone2

Banned
when i travel, outlook and outlook express become worthless.

recieving is fine, sending is the problem because what's setup as the smtp server is with your isp, in the hotels or where ever, you're using their servers/server address even though you recieve thru your pop3 server.

i've tried to get the smtp server address from the hotel folks but they don't have any idea of what i'm asking for.

i access my pop3 mail thu www.e-mailanywhere.com.

i have an address book but typically, webmail can't send/recieve all attachments and this one limits the number of folks i can forward to.

Haidasloop

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a more generic solution...perhaps one doesn't exist, but I am hopeful that someone has found a solution.

bearone2

Banned
it would be great to use outlook and oe on the road and the only way i see is a verizon, sprint, att wireless card.

able to access wherever you can talk on the phone but i bet you don't want to pay for the card for convenience.

Haidasloop

In checking this out, I think it will work! Thanks for the link...very much appreciate your help.

bearone2

Banned
sure it'll work,much like what i suggested, whick is tied into your pop3 account, instead of this, a separate account.

i thought the issue was to be able to use outlook on the road.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online