1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2003 stopped sending

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by libbyinabq, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbyinabq

libbyinabq Guest Thread Starter

Hi--

I have been using Outlook since 1996 when I was teaching it. Can't teach any more but I enjoy the program.

This started out to be a partial problem, but it is total now. When I first got the computer, I loaded MS OFFice 2003--first time I installed this new program. Email would leave just fine, then less and less items left the outbox--and only after resending those messages several times. One time a message went out 9 times, another time it was received a day after it was sent--to another cable company so it should have arrived there in minutes.

Here is what I have tried--any ideas will be appreciated.

I checked having norton internet security 2005 turned off, and on, as well as AVG off and on (which I was using before Norton) while on wireless in Israel on vacation for a week.
    I used Norton to analyze my program on their site and it says there is no problem.
    I can't find anything in the Norton knowledge base.
    I Checked my PC with adaware, search and destroy.
    I did office repair from the outlook menu.
    I took messages out of email outbox, and tried new message, SENDING IT IMMEDIATELY--nothing will leave.
    Comcast says the problem is on my end.
    I lengthened the time that a message has to be sent--to the max, since a comcast agent suggested that my time might be too short.
    No defrag/scandisk errors.
    I have all updates, including norton and the other programs are working properly.
    This is a Qosmio laptop I bought in February.
    This is the only computer on my cable access line--not using wireless.
    I have mail set to leave when i choose--not automatically, so I can be sure a message is complete before I send it.
    I have looked at the previous messages on your site and checked those ms pages mentioned in other advice. There are not problems with opened and edited mail that is in the outbox, as some people have--I know to resend it then.

There was an error message one of the last times I tried to check the error tab in the send/receive window, but now I can't get the program to display the details--the error tab --to read that number/warning.

Even when I wait 2 days to get 30 or more messages so the window would stay open longer, the error tab won't display. I listed this problem on the MS service/forum, but no one has responded--I hoped some MS employees might have looked at it in the last few weeks.​

I did have to remove a program called game drive and cds loaded through it for storing CDs on the hard drive (for faster access time) when I was checking other programs for conflicts. I have the acrobat PDF program, snag it, (works and quicken--came free but not used,) toshiba stuff, a program to download my olympus digital sound files, and an epson all in one printer and navsoft bible program--which causes no problem on my win xp pro, office 2000 computer.

Here is why I don't want to reinstall---
    I had exported email, contacts to this computer from my old pc--XP pro, Office 2000 in pst files. In Office 2003, the contacts came through fine, but the email only transmitted headers and the first 5 words of the message. I tried using Excel and comma separated windows file formats, too, but they were worse or the same.

HOW CAN I PAUSE THE SEND/RECEIVE DETAIL WINDOW TO SEE THE ERROR MESSAGE NUMBER? THIS TAB OF THE WINDOW REMAINS BLANK WHEN IT STAYS OPEN LONG ENOUGH TO SEE IT.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks so much
    Libby

2. draceplace

draceplace

I would be tempted to post a hijackthis log and see if someone can spot a problem in there??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/355349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice